Monday, December 26, 2011

The Day After

Well, it is the day after Christmas.  I hope you all had a blessed day no matter what you did.  My son and his wife had me over for dinner and my daughter-in-law knocked herself out cooking, making pajamas for everyone in the family and it was truly a great day.  Her nephew and family were there and their two children won my heart over.  What special kids they are.  Lots of gifts, food and good company made my day.

I think I am going to quit writing in this blog.  After all, I am not  fifty five any longer.  I am just going to go back to my original blog Celebrating Life at Pinebrook.  I am going to try to find something to celebrate each day, even if it only consists of getting out of bed.  Don't laugh, when you are as old as I am, that is a great blessing.

Oh, I forgot, Christmas Eve was so special.  My son took me to the Candle-light service at my church.  When the lights were out and the many candles cast a heavenly glow, Christmas hymns were sung and the people just felt a little closer.  It made the birth of Christ a time to be really thankful for.

Getting ready to welcome a New Year.  Hope the world settles down to a lot more loving and a lot less hating.  I am thankful we have a God who watches over us and loves us.  I love all of you and hope you have Happy Holly Berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment